Mercury Cougar XR7 Convertible 1970.

Mercury Cougar XR7 Convertible 1970.
Mercury Cougar XR7 Convertible 1970

söndag 27 april 2014

Meassured push rod length and valve to piston clearance.

With my homemade push rod length checkers i could decide which length i shall use for my motor.
I found out that my length should be 6.385". When i was done with that and my rocker pattern at the tip of the valve was ok, i could check my valve to piston clearance.

With my roller cam Edelbrock 2221  w .520/.520 lift and edelbrock aluminum heads 60229, stock crank and rods, Speed Pro pistons flat top w valve relieves,  Trick Flow roller rockers 1.6 and edelbrock/Felpro cylinder head gasket it wasnt any problems at all.

I used clay that i put on the pistons in the valve relieves and rotated the crank a couple of times with my heads mounted and my valve lash settled. Then i removed the clay and meassured the thickness of the compressed clay.

Minimum clearance allowed at intake valve .080", my was 0.285".
Minimum clearance allowed at exhaust valve .110", my was 0.332".



Perfect rocker to valve tip pattern.

Intake clearance

Exhaust clearance

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar